Since I can never seem to get enough protein in my diet, I found a delicious way to increase my intake while satisfying my sweet tooth.
I found the Carrot Cake Protein Bar recipe by Jamie Eason on Bodybuilding.com and customized it to my liking – primarily because I don’t like artificial sweeteners and I like texture in my food.
Here’s my step-by-step recipe below
Ingredients you will need:
• 1 cup oat flour (Bob’s Mill or you can choose to make your own like I did below)
• 2 scoops vanilla whey protein (your choice)
• 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites
• 1/2 cup of sweetened coconut flakes
• 2 tsp organic cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• a pinch of salt
• 1/8 tsp nutmeg
• 8 oz Organic baby food carrots
• 4 small grated baby carrots (for more texture)
• 1/3 cup of shelled walnuts